Organic Sunflower Seeds
$1.35 – $6.60 incl. GST
Organic sunflower seeds are highly nutritious and can be enjoyed both raw or lightly toasted.
You can also add a bit of crunch to your meals by sprinkling organic sunflower seeds in salads, stir-fries, muesli or breakfast cereals. A delightful addition to cakes, savoury and sweet muffins and biscuits. Toasting them brings out the flavour. These sun flower seeds are raw and have not been heat treated.
Fusion Kids Cold and Flu FighterFusion Kids Cold and Flu Fighter
Features and benefits
- Specially formulated for children aged 2 years and over
- Delicious, naturally derived pear and blackcurrant flavour
- Mixes easily in water or juice, so it’s easy for kids to take
- Sweetened with stevia, and contains no added sugar
- Includes echinacea to support children’s immune systems and thus help them fight illness, as well as to help relieve blocked and runny noses associated with common colds and flu, based on its traditional use in Western herbal medicine
- Plus elderflower to relieve common cold and flu symptoms such as sore throats and mild fever, based on its traditional use in Western herbal medicine
- Also contains the traditional Chinese herbs honeysuckle and forsythia, plus elderberry, equivalent to 408mg per 2.5mL of elderberry juice.
How it works
Since their immune systems are still developing and haven’t yet learned to recognise and respond to a wide variety of infectious organisms, children experience common colds and flu more frequently than adults do. In fact, it’s normal for kids to experience as many as 10 such mild upper respiratory tract infections (URTIs) each year*.
Echinacea and elderflower
Echinacea supports children’s immune systems to help them fight illness, based on its traditional use in Western herbal medicine. During colds, it’s also traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to relieve a runny nose, clear nasal congestion and unblock the nasal passages.
Elderflower is also traditionally used to decrease children’s common cold symptoms in Western herbal medicine, including soothing sore throats and relieving mild fevers.
Honeysuckle and forsythia
In TCM, illnesses that involve the rapid onset of symptoms are often regarded as being associated with excess wind entering the body from outside (which is sometimes referred to as external wind). When a mild fever is present at the same time, they’re described as being associated with wind-heat.
Children’s common colds and flu usually start with the sudden onset of symptoms like a sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion and a mild fever, so they’re typically considered wind-heat illnesses in TCM.
When wind-heat symptom-patterns are present, the herbs honeysuckle and forsythia are traditionally used in TCM to relieve common cold and flu symptoms such as sore throat and mild fever, and forsythia is also used to decrease chills associated with the common cold.
*Reference: HealthDirect. Colds and flu statistics. Published 2016 and accessed September 2019 from: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/colds-and-flu-statistics
Fusion Kidney TonicFusion Kidney Tonic
Features and benefits
- New improved formula, with goji berry, horny goat weed and rehmannia, traditionally used as kidney tonics and to regulate body fluids in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Goji berries are traditionally used as a kidney tonic that relieves fatigue and balances Yin and Yang in TCM
- Rehmannia is also traditionally used in TCM to strengthen kidney Jing (a form of life force energy), as a liver tonic, and as a blood tonic that relieves sleeplessness and irregular menstruation
- Horny goat weed is traditionally used in TCM as a kidney tonic to enhance a healthy libido, to strengthen bones, and to relieve mild joint aches and pains
- Also contains Cornelian cherry, Chinese yam, alisma and poria
How it works
Fusion Kidney Tonic is based on an ancient Chinese herbal formula called Six-Ingredient Rehmannia Pill that was originally developed around 900 years ago.
Fusion Kidney Tonic’s key ingredients include rehmannia, horny goat weed and goji berry, which are traditionally used to regulate body fluids, including relieving excessive urinary frequency in TCM.
Based on their traditional use, each of these herbs also has additional benefits for the Kidney organ-meridian system , which is regarded as the foundation of good health in TCM. Read on for more details.
Goji berries are a regarded as an important kidney tonic herb in Chinese medicine, where they’ve been used for around 2300 years* and are traditionally used to support the health of the kidneys and regulate the various forms of fluid in the body.
In TCM, a healthy Kidney organ-meridian system is traditionally believed to keep the opposing forces of Yin and Yang in balance. Goji berries are traditionally taken to nourish and replenish both Yin and Yang, and to balance these two opposing forces, helping to keep them in a state of harmony in the body.
They’re also traditionally used to relieve excessive sweating at night, which can occur when Kidney and Liver Yin are deficient in TCM.
Other traditional uses of goji berries in Chinese medicine are to strengthen and enrich Jing (a form of life-force energy that’s traditionally believed to be stored in the kidneys and to decline with age), and as a longevity tonic that supports vitality. Goji berries are also traditionally used in TCM as a kidney tonic to relieve fatigue, weariness and feelings of weakness.
From a scientific perspective, goji berries have antioxidant properties to help reduce free radical formation in the body.
In TCM, rehmannia is traditionally used to support kidney health in multiple ways, including nourishing and replenishing Kidney Yin.
When Kidney and Liver Yin are deficient, it’s traditionally taken in TCM to support healthy hearing and to cool the body and relieve excessive perspiration at night time.
Rehmannia is also traditionally used in TCM to strengthen and invigorate Jing, as a liver tonic and as a blood tonic that helps relieve sleeplessness and irregular menstruation.
Horny goat weed
In addition to its traditional uses supporting healthy kidney function and helping to regulate body fluids, horny goat weed strengthens Yang, and is a kidney tonic that’s traditionally taken to promote healthy libido in both men and women in TCM.
It’s also traditionally used in TCM to enhance bone strength and relieve mild joint aches and pains.
Fusion Kidney Tonic also contains Cornelian cherry, Chinese yam, alisma and poria.
*Reference: DerMarderosian, A. and J. A. Beutler (2014). The Review of Natural Products, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional.
Fusion Multi-Vitamin & Mineral Advanced 60 tabsFusion Multi-Vitamin & Mineral Advanced 60 tabs
Features and benefits
- Broad-spectrum multi, suitable for both men and women.
- Everyday health maintenance in a single convenient daily dose.
- Iron-free formula, specially formulated to meet the needs of men and women wishing to avoid excess iron consumption.
- If you require iron supplementation, we recommend taking Fusion® Iron Advanced alongside Multi Vitamin & Mineral Advanced™.
How it works
While we all know how vital it is to consume a healthy, balanced diet, the day-to-day reality is that doing so is often hard to manage – especially if you’re dieting, busy, eating on the run, or are one of the millions of Australians who doesn’t eat certain food groups (such as dairy foods or animal products) for ethical or health reasons.
Research from the Australian Bureau of Statistics indicates that more than 90% of us don’t manage to consume as many vegetables as we should every day, and that only around half of us eat the recommended two daily servings of fruit1.
Dietary habits like these may mean you’re missing out on key nutrients, and consequently might benefit from taking a multi vitamin supplement.
Packed with 36 important nutrients, Fusion® Multi Vitamin & Mineral Advanced has been professionally formulated to provide key nutrients that may be inadequate in your diet, help maintain your energy levels and promote healthy ageing.
This comprehensive formula provides:
- B-group vitamins, magnesium and chromium to enhance metabolism and help maintain energy levels.
- Cardiovascular support with Vitamin E, Lycopene and Folic Acid.
- Lutein, Taurine and other antioxidants to help preserve eye health.
- Nutrients to assist normal brain function, including Iodine, Glutamine and Vitamin B12.
- Choline, Inositol and Nicotinamide to support healthy liver function.
- Immune system support with Zinc, Selenium and Vitamins A and C.
- Bone-building nutrients such as Calcium, Vitamin D and Boron.
- Biotin, Silicon and other nutrients to support healthy hair, skin and nails, plus Vitamin C, Bioflavonoids and Lysine to help maintain healthy collagen.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
Australian Bureau of Statistics. 4364.0.55.007 – Australian Health Survey: Nutrition First Results – Foods and Nutrients, 2011-12. Published 9 May 2014.
Fusion Glucosamine Premium RepairFusion Glucosamine Premium Repair
Features and benefits
- New improved formula
- Glucosamine Premium Repair contains clinically trialled* doses of glucosamine and chondroitin to help relieve mild osteoarthritis symptoms and improve the mobility of affected joints
- Glucosamine and chondroitin also provide building blocks for healthy joint cartilage formation
- Also contains ginger, traditionally used to relieve mild rheumatic aches and pains in Chinese medicine
- Contains GlucosaGreen®, which is produced from glucose and is more environmentally friendly than shellfish-derived glucosamine
- Also contains MSM (dimethyl sulfone) and piperine (from black pepper)
How it works
Glucosamine relieves mild osteoarthritis symptoms
Glucosamine is a sugar that’s naturally produced by the body. It’s involved in the production of compounds called glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), which are building blocks in the formation of connective tissue, including healthy joints and joint cartilage.
When taken as directed, glucosamine helps reduce the symptoms of mild osteoarthritis, including mild joint pain, and improves the mobility of affected joints.
Glucosamine also helps enhance joint health in mild osteoarthritis. For example, it has been shown to help slow down the progressive narrowing of the joint space that is characteristic of the condition*.
Environmentally friendly glucosamine
Fusion Glucosamine Premium Repair contains GlucosaGreen®, which is derived from glucose (from non-GMO corn) via a revolutionary, patented process of fermentation. GlucosaGreen® is more environmentally friendly than glucosamine derived from shellfish. Its production generates just 2 percent of the waste material of shellfish-derived glucosamine products, making it a clean, green option to rely on for your health.
Chondroitin supports healthy cartilage formation
Chondroitin is another compound that’s naturally present in the body. It supports joint and cartilage health and the formation of healthy joint cartilage. It attracts water and nutrients into the cartilage, helping to maintain its spongy characteristics, which in turn enable the joints to withstand shocks and heavy loads.
Like glucosamine, chondroitin helps relieve mild joint pain and enhance joint mobility in people with mild osteoarthritis.
Ginger: traditionally used to ease mild rheumatic pain
In Chinese medicine, ginger is traditionally used to relieve mild rheumatic aches and pains.
Ginger also has antioxidant properties to help decrease the formation of free radicals in the body and their damaging effects on the body’s cells.
Fusion Glucosamine Premium Repair also contains:
- MSM (dimethyl sulfone), a source of sulfur, which is an essential component of all living cells
- Black pepper, which is often combined with ginger in traditional Ayurvedic medicine, and which is a source of piperine
*Reference: Pavelka K, Gatterova J, et. Al. Arch Intern Med 2002;162:2113-23
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional.
Hair Skin & Nails TonicHair Skin & Nails Tonic
Features and benefits
Fusion Hair, Skin & Nails has a new improved formula, including nutrients to support:
- Strong, healthy hair and nails – including biotin to help decrease hair loss when dietary intake of it is inadequate
- Skin health and repair
- Collagen formation
- Connective tissue production
- Reduced formation of free radicals in the body
Fusion Hair, Skin & Nails also includes dong quai, which is traditionally used as a blood tonic that improves the health of the hair and nails and promotes skin health by relieving dry skin in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).
How it works
Biotin for healthy hair, skin and nails
Biotin supports the health of the hair and helps reduce hair loss when dietary intake of it is inadequate.
It’s also important for maintaining skin health and the strength of the nails.
Zinc for strong nails and hair
Zinc supports multiple aspects of hair, skin and nail health. It helps keep both the hair and the nails healthy, and maintains the health and repair of the skin.
Hair, Skin & Nails contains zinc glycinate, which is more readily absorbed and available to the body than some other forms of zinc (such as zinc sulfate).
Nutrients to support collagen formation
Along with vitamin C and silica, zinc also supports the formation of collagen, which is a structural component of the skin and hair follicles.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps reduce free radical formation in the body, as is vitamin E.
In TCM, the hair, skin and nails are traditionally believed to be nourished by the blood, and dong quai is traditionally used as a blood tonic that improves hair health and the strength and thickness of the nails, and relieves skin dryness to promote overall skin health.
Read more about the TCM approach to hair health here