$2.50 – $9.80 incl. GST
Textured vegetable protein, also known as TVP, is a manufactured soy product. The generic name is Total Soy Protein, or TSP, which is actually a more accurate description since it contains a derivative of soybeans rather than actual vegetables. TVP is a trademarked brand name that has become the frequent identifier.
TVP is frequently used as a meat replacement, or in some cases, a meat extender. It has a texture that resembles ground beef, so it’s an ideal meat substitute in spaghetti sauces, chili, tacos and even hamburgers. TVP can also be used as an additive in meat dishes to help a little meat go a long way.
TVP is a factory-made food that originates from a soy protein isolate. The process involves separating the protein from the whole soybean. During this process, a slurry of soybeans is mixed with an alkaline solution that removes the fiber, which is separated from the protein in a large aluminum tank through an acid wash. The final product is a curd, which is then spray-dried at high temperatures. This results in a protein powder, which is put through a high-temperature and high-pressure process in a machine called an extruder. The result is TVP.
Fusion Kids Astra 8 Immune SheildFusion Kids Astra 8 Immune Sheild
Features and benefits
- Immune support specially formulated for kids
- Delicious, naturally derived blackcurrant flavour
- Mixes easily in water or juice
- Sweetened with stevia, and contains no added sugar
- Suitable for children aged 2 years and over
- Based on Jade Windscreen Formula, which has been used for hundreds of years in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), where it’s traditionally taken to help reduce the frequency of common colds
- Includes astragalus to help stimulate a healthy immune response
- Plus zinc for additional immune support and to help reduce the frequency with which children catch common colds
- Also contains fresh elderberry juice, equivalent to 568.5mg per 2.5mL
How it works
WHY DOES MY CHILD KEEP CATCHING COLDS?
Since they haven’t been exposed to many cold viruses during their short lifespans (and therefore haven’t developed immunity to them), kids are more prone to catching common colds than adults are1.
This is a normal part of your child’s immune system development and occurs over a number of years as their immune system gains more exposure to different viruses and learns how to respond to them.
Your child’s exposure to viruses naturally increases when they attend daycare or kindy, where they’re more likely to encounter other children with colds.
As a result, children can normally catch up to 10 colds each year – more than double the number experienced by adults1.
ZINC REDUCES THE FREQUENCY OF CHILDREN’S COLDS
Fusion Kids’ Astra 8 Immune Shield contains zinc, which supports healthy immune system function and reduces the frequency of children’s common cold episodes.
Your child consumes zinc in their diet through foods like meat, poultry, eggs and seafood, and it’s also found in wholegrains, legumes, nuts and seeds (however may be more poorly absorbed from these sources)2.
In addition to supporting immune system function, taking zinc can help to support your child’s appetite if their dietary intake of it is inadequate.
JADE WINDSCREEN FORMULA
Fusion Kids’ Astra 8 Immune Shield is based on a herbal combination called Jade Windscreen Formula, which is traditionally taken to help reduce the frequency of common colds in TCM, where it’s considered particularly beneficial for people who suffer from them repeatedly, and is typically taken for several months at a time.
Jade Windscreen Formula contains the following herbs:
Astragalus helps stimulate healthy immune responses and support the immune system in fighting illness.
In Chinese medicine, astragalus is traditionally used to support defensive Qi (a specific form of life force energy that boosts resistance against infection) and to help reduce the frequency of common colds.
Astragalus is also traditionally taken to support vitality and relieve fatigue in TCM.
White atractylodes is traditionally believed to act synergistically with astragalus in Jade Windscreen Formula, reinforcing its actions. In Chinese medicine, it’s also traditionally used to nourish the Spleen, and is therefore taken to relieve loss of appetite.
Fang feng is also known as wind protector; its name is a reference to its traditional use in TCM for clearing wind-heat from the body, and it’s a key ingredient in the Jade Windscreen Formula.
Fusion Gutbiotic SB+Fusion Gutbiotic SB+
Features and benefits
- Reduces the risk of antibiotic-associated or travellers’ diarrhoea in adults
- Reduces the risk, severity and duration of diarrhoea in children
- Supports a healthy microbial balance in the digestive system
- Restores normal microbial balance after disruption by antibiotic therapy
- Reduces abdominal pain in those aged 5-16 years old with medically-diagnosed irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Shelf-stable, suitable for travel
- Suitable for adults and children over 2 years
- Gluten-free and dairy-free
How it works
A combination of two evidence-based strains Saccharomyces boulardii and Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG
Saccharomyces boulardii (SB)
Whilst most people think of probiotics as being beneficial bacteria, particular yeasts can also act as probiotics. SB has been used for over 30 years to help relieve symptoms and incidence of diarrhoea caused by unfriendly bacteria, and is believed to work in several ways. For example, it helps prevent toxins secreted by some harmful bacteria from sticking to the cells of the digestive system and produces a substance that aids their breakdown.
Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG
When ingested, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG “crowds out” harmful bacteria in the digestive system and competes for space and nutrients. By doing this, it prevents harmful bacteria taking up residence. Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG produces a substance that can assist in killing or reducing the number of harmful bacteria in the digestive tract, including a well-known bacterium that causes diarrhoea and vomiting as a result of food contamination.
REDUCING THE RISK OF DIARRHOEA
Diarrhoea may be caused by a number of things including infections, a change in diet and some medications. Antibiotic-associated diarrhoea can occur 2 – 3 weeks following the end of antibiotic therapy rather than during the treatment. Both Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG and SB may assist in reducing the risk of diarrhoea associated with antibiotic therapy in children, and SB may reduce the risk in adults. SB and Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG have also been shown to reduce the risk of travellers’ diarrhoea in adults.
CoQ10 150MGCoQ10 150MG
Features and benefits
- A bioenhanced CoQ10 supplement with piperine (from black pepper) for enhanced absorption and bioavailability
- Supports heart and cardiovascular health
- CoQ10 is a potent antioxidant which supports healthy cholesterol and blood lipids (triglycerides)
- Supports the health of blood vessels
- Maintains energy levels and physical endurance
- Maintains CoQ10 levels in the body to support healthy ageing
- CoQ10 aids healthy muscle function, including heart and skeletal muscle
How it works
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a naturally occurring antioxidant nutrient that supports overall health and wellbeing.
Heart health and antioxidant support
CoQ10 supports heart and cardiovascular health, as well as cardiac (heart) muscle function and blood vessel health. CoQ10 has the following antioxidant actions in the body:
• Antioxidant properties help to protect blood lipids, cholesterol and other cells from free radical damage
• Recycling of vitamin E into its antioxidant form after it too has scavenged (or ‘mopped up’) free radicals
Energy and healthy ageing
CoQ10 is especially important for oxygen uptake and the production of energy in the form of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), and consequently is concentrated in the cells of tissues that have high levels of metabolic activity, such as your heart and skeletal muscle.
Taking CoQ10 supplements may be particularly beneficial to support healthy ageing (both due to its heart-supportive benefits and because your production of CoQ10 declines as you get older) and for those who are physically active (through supporting physical capacity, because exercise reduces muscle levels of CoQ10).
Fusion’s CoQ10 150mg capsules include piperine (derived from black pepper) that enhances the bioavailability of CoQ10 and optimises its absorption from the digestive tract.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
Fusion Calcium AdvancedFusion Calcium Advanced
Features and benefits
- Highly bioavailable sources of organic calcium to help maintain bone mineralisation, density and strength and aid in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.
- May help decrease the risk of fractures in older adults and other people with osteoporosis.
- Includes vitamin D, which enhances the bioavailability of calcium and helps reduce calcium loss from bone.
- Suitable for osteoporosis sufferers and those with a family history of osteoporosis.
- Suitable for use by growing children and teenagers, pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, women over 40 years old (including those who are pre-, peri- and post-menopausal), and older people.
- May also be beneficial for those at increased risk of calcium deficiency and/or osteoporosis due to smoking, strenuous exercise, regular strenuous activity, being overweight, being confined to bed, or consuming a diet free of dairy products or containing excessive amounts of fat, protein, sugar, alcohol or caffeine.
- Contains calcium glycinate, which does not cause digestive difficulties or interfere with your ability to absorb iron and other minerals.
- May be taken alongside prescribed medicines known to deplete calcium levels (under the supervision of your healthcare professional).
How it works
Are you getting enough calcium and vitamin D? Research has shown that many Australians have inadequate levels of these two important nutrients, which are required throughout life in order to maximise the formation, mineral density and strength of your bones.
A large body of scientific evidence has shown that taking calcium and vitamin D may help to reduce osteoporosis risk as you get older (for example by minimising bone loss at the hips and spine), and in older people, may also decrease the risk of fractures.
Fusion® Calcium Advanced is a high potency supplement containing calcium glycinate and calcium citrate. These organic sources of calcium are more readily absorbed and utilised by the body than inorganic sources of calcium (such as calcium carbonate), without causing digestive difficulties or interfering with your ability to absorb iron and other minerals.
For example, studies have shown that calcium is absorbed up to 24% more effectively from calcium citrate supplements than it is from calcium carbonate supplements.
This formula also includes vitamin D, which aids calcium absorption, helps reduce the rate at which calcium is lost from bone and has additional benefits for musculoskeletal health. For example, in older people, improving vitamin D status has been shown to reduce the risk of fractures and falls.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.
Fusion Magnesium AdvancedFusion Magnesium Advanced
Features and benefits
- Available in two delicious flavours – Lemon-Lime Zing and Watermelon – both with coconut water
- Contains magnesium glycinate, a highly bioavailable form of magnesium
- Includes B complex vitamins, amino acids and essential minerals
- Supports normal muscle function and relaxation
- Supports normal cellular energy production
- Helps maintain electrolyte balance after exercise by compensating for magnesium depletion from sweating
- Contains magnesium and vitamin B1, which play an important role in supporting blood glucose metabolism in healthy people
- Plays an important role in supporting bone health
When the dietary intake of magnesium is insufficient, Fusion Magnesium Advanced Powder Lemon-Lime Zing:
- Helps relieve mild muscle cramps and spasms
- Aids exercise performance
- Supports healthy sleeping patterns
- Maintains a healthy cardiovascular system
How it works
Magnesium is an important mineral in the human body. It’s involved in over 300 essential enzymatic reactions in the body and adequate levels are vital for normal functioning of many important biological functions, including nerve conduction, muscle activity, energy production and maintaining a healthy cardiovascular system.
Magnesium and muscles
Magnesium influences muscle contraction and relaxation by balancing calcium levels in muscle cells. Inadequate dietary magnesium intake is associated with muscle twitches and cramps, muscle weakness, disrupted sleep and restlessness.
Magnesium and electrolyte balance
Being a water-soluble mineral, magnesium can be lost through sweat and urine, so increased dietary intake is required if you exercise frequently and/or sweat profusely. Magnesium also plays an important role in normal energy production and can help to support muscle performance and endurance if you aren’t getting enough magnesium from your diet.
Cardiovascular health, blood sugar and magnesium
Magnesium is an important mineral involved in the function of the cardiovascular system, when your magnesium intake from your diet is inadequate. Alongside vitamin B1, magnesium also helps the body to break down sugars and carbohydrates, playing an important role in normal blood sugar metabolism.
Magnesium for premenstrual syndrome
Serum levels of magnesium in women with premenstrual syndrome (PMS) have been found to be lower than those of women without PMS.1 Magnesium helps to relieve the symptoms of PMS including irritability, mood swings and breast tenderness.
Why magnesium glycinate?
Magnesium glycinate is an organic form of magnesium with high bioavailability (absorption and availability within the body). It’s delivered intact to the intestines for easy absorption. Magnesium glycinate is also highly stable, which supports its absorption.
Did you know Magnesium Advanced Powder Lemon-Lime Zing is naturally sweetened with thaumatin? Thaumatin is derived from a West African fruit called katemfe. This delicious powder can be added into your water bottle or even stirred into juice, sport drinks or smoothies!
1. Moslehi M, et al. Biol Trace Elem Res 2019 doi: 10.1007/s12011-019-01672-z. [Epub ahead of print].
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional. Vitamins and minerals can only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate.