Herbs of Gold Vitamin C 1000 Plus High strength vitamin C
$24.95 incl. GST
- Vitamin C is an important nutrient for humans that cannot by synthesised in the body. Vitamin C 1000 Plus provides 1g of vitamin C in a low acid form to support healthy immune system function.
- Vitamin C and zinc support prostate and reproductive system health in males. They also maintain sperm health and motility.
- Vitamin C supports blood vessel, blood capillary and bone health.
- Vitamin C and zinc help connective tissue formation and maintain skin health.
- Zinc is an important trace mineral that is involved in over 300 chemical reactions in the body. A diet high in plant foods can impact zinc absorption. Vitamin C 1000 Plus contains 8mg of zinc to support wound healing and metabolism of protein, carbohydrates and fats.
- Vitamin C 1000 Plus contains antioxidants that reduce free radicals in the body.
- Vitamin C forms part of the antioxidant network, helping to regenerate vitamin E.
- Vitamin C supports the absorption of dietary iron.
Each tablet contains:
|Calcium ascorbate dihydrate||605.3mg|
|equiv. ascorbic acid (vitmain C) 500mg|
|equiv. ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 500mg|
|TOTAL ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C) 1g|
|Citrus bioflavonoids extract||50mg|
|Zinc amino acid chelate equiv. zinc||8mg|
|Does not contain egg, milk, peanut, soy, tree nuts, animal products, gluten, lactose or artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Fusion Probiotic 8Fusion Probiotic 8
Features and benefits
- Specially formulated to provide optimal therapeutic benefit without needing refrigeration
- Combines eight strains of ‘friendly’ bacteria, including FloraFIT®, Boulardii and clinically-tested HOWARU® strains
- Promotes healthy bowel function, including helping to normalise the properties of the bowel movements and their transit time through the intestines
- Also helps relieve flatulence, bloating and digestive discomfort
- Can be taken before and during overseas travel to help reduce the risk of travellers’ diarrhoea and relieve its symptoms
- Helps maintain immune health, and may reduce susceptibility to upper respiratory tract infections
- Supports healthy vaginal and urinary microflora
- Dairy-free formula containing bacterial strains specially selected for their proven ability to remain viable when exposed to stomach acid, bile salts and digestive enzymes
- Suitable for use during and after antibiotic therapy
How it works
The balance of the ‘friendly’ bacteria (collectively referred to as the microflora) that inhabit the bowel, vagina and urinary tract is easily disrupted by factors such as antibiotic use, stress or colonisation by invading microorganisms, often resulting in gastrointestinal problems such as gas, bloating, abdominal discomfort and diarrhoea.
The diarrhoea and associated symptoms that many people experience while travelling overseas is an example of this phenomenon, signalling that you’ve been exposed to bacteria or other microorganisms that are not naturally present in your gastrointestinal tract and are consequently making you unwell.
Fusion® Probiotic 8™ contains a blend of eight probiotic strains that support the health of the gastrointestinal, vaginal and urinary microflora and help prevent colonisation by disease-causing organisms.
It may help to relieve digestive symptoms such as flatulence, bloating, abdominal discomfort and diarrhoea, and can be taken before and during travel to reduce the risk of traveller’s diarrhoea and help relieve its symptoms. It’s also suitable for use during and after antibiotic therapy.
Fusion® Probiotic 8™ improves the properties and characteristics of the faeces, and helps normalise the time they take to move through the gastrointestinal tract.
Taking Fusion® Probiotic 8™ also supports healthy immune function and may help to reduce the risk of upper respiratory tract infections.
Fusion® Probiotic 8™ is a dairy-free formula that’s been carefully formulated to ensure the bacteria it contains remain viable at room temperature – so you can take it travelling or carry it in your handbag without sacrificing health benefits for the sake of convenience.
Unlike some fridge-free probiotics, Fusion® Probiotic 8™ contains only clearly identified probiotic strains (including FloraFIT®, Boulardii and clinically-tested HOWARU® strains) with well-documented benefits for human health.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
Fusion Hair TonicFusion Hair Tonic
Features and benefits
Fusion Hair Tonic includes:
- Biota, traditionally used to decrease hair loss and improve hair growth in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Biota is also traditionally used to help maintain healthy hair follicles and to relieve scalp irritation by cooling blood heat in TCM
- An increased dose of dong quai, which is traditionally used as a blood tonic that improves hair health in TCM
- Plus the traditional Chinese herbs rehmannia root, white peony, Chinese licorice, cuscuta and Szechuan lovage
How it works
Fusion’s new improved Hair Tonic formulation is based on the traditional Chinese understanding of the role of the blood in the health of the hair.
In TCM, the hair is traditionally believed to be nourished by the blood, which keeps it shiny and healthy.
On the other hand, hair loss, thinning hair, poor hair health and an itchy or irritated scalp are often attributed to excess heat in the blood in TCM.
Poor hair condition?
Dong quai is traditionally taken to improve the health of the hair and consequently enhance its condition and shine in Chinese medicine, where it’s traditionally regarded as achieving these effects by enhancing the health of the blood.
In TCM, dong quai is also traditionally regarded as having invigorating effects on the blood, improving its circulation to all areas of the body.
Losing your hair?
Up to 70% of men and up to 40% of women are affected by some degree of hair loss*.
In Chinese medicine, the herb biota (also known as Chinese thuja) is traditionally taken to reduce hair loss and improve hair growth.
Excess heat in the blood is regarded as a common cause of hair loss in TCM, and biota is traditionally taken to disperse the heat and help maintain the health of the hair follicles, which are the tiny dimples in the scalp that the hair grows from.
Got an irritated scalp?
When scalp problems are attributed to excess heat in the blood in TCM, biota is traditionally used to clear the heat from the blood and calm irritation.
Need nutritional support for your hair too?
Fusion Hair Tonic is suitable for use alongside Fusion Hair, Skin & Nails, which combines dong quai with silica, biotin and zinc – 15 nutritionals in all.
Read more about the TCM approach to hair health here.
*Reference: McElwee KJ, Shapiro JS. Skin Therapy Lett, 2012;17(6):1-4.
Fusion Kids Cold and Flu FighterFusion Kids Cold and Flu Fighter
Features and benefits
- Specially formulated for children aged 2 years and over
- Delicious, naturally derived pear and blackcurrant flavour
- Mixes easily in water or juice, so it’s easy for kids to take
- Sweetened with stevia, and contains no added sugar
- Includes echinacea to support children’s immune systems and thus help them fight illness, as well as to help relieve blocked and runny noses associated with common colds and flu, based on its traditional use in Western herbal medicine
- Plus elderflower to relieve common cold and flu symptoms such as sore throats and mild fever, based on its traditional use in Western herbal medicine
- Also contains the traditional Chinese herbs honeysuckle and forsythia, plus elderberry, equivalent to 408mg per 2.5mL of elderberry juice.
How it works
Since their immune systems are still developing and haven’t yet learned to recognise and respond to a wide variety of infectious organisms, children experience common colds and flu more frequently than adults do. In fact, it’s normal for kids to experience as many as 10 such mild upper respiratory tract infections (URTIs) each year*.
Echinacea and elderflower
Echinacea supports children’s immune systems to help them fight illness, based on its traditional use in Western herbal medicine. During colds, it’s also traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to relieve a runny nose, clear nasal congestion and unblock the nasal passages.
Elderflower is also traditionally used to decrease children’s common cold symptoms in Western herbal medicine, including soothing sore throats and relieving mild fevers.
Honeysuckle and forsythia
In TCM, illnesses that involve the rapid onset of symptoms are often regarded as being associated with excess wind entering the body from outside (which is sometimes referred to as external wind). When a mild fever is present at the same time, they’re described as being associated with wind-heat.
Children’s common colds and flu usually start with the sudden onset of symptoms like a sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion and a mild fever, so they’re typically considered wind-heat illnesses in TCM.
When wind-heat symptom-patterns are present, the herbs honeysuckle and forsythia are traditionally used in TCM to relieve common cold and flu symptoms such as sore throat and mild fever, and forsythia is also used to decrease chills associated with the common cold.
*Reference: HealthDirect. Colds and flu statistics. Published 2016 and accessed September 2019 from: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/colds-and-flu-statistics
Fusion Cold and Flu LiquidFusion Cold and Flu Liquid
Features and benefits
In TCM, herbs in Fusion Cold & Flu Liquid are traditionally used to relieve symptoms such as:
- Mild upper respiratory mucous congestion (such as a blocked nose)
- Bronchial congestion and phlegm
- Mild bronchial coughs
- Sore throat (including laryngitis, pharyngitis and mild tonsillitis)
- Mild fever
How it works
Upper respiratory tract infections are very common – most adults catch a cold between two and five times a year, complete with symptoms like a sore throat, cough and upper respiratory tract congestion, which usually last around 7-10 days*.
Fusion Cold & Flu Liquid combines echinacea (which is traditionally used to relieve symptoms of common colds and flu in Western herbal medicine) with Japanese catnip, which is used similarly in TCM. Japanese catnip is also traditionally used in Chinese medicine for sore throat or mild fever
Platycodon is traditionally used to relieve both upper respiratory tract congestion (as may occur in a blocked nose) and bronchial mucous congestion in TCM, as well as to ease symptoms of sore throat, laryngitis, pharyngitis and mild tonsillitis. It’s traditionally regarded as having expectorant properties and in TCM is often combined with Chinese licorice to relieve mild bronchial coughs.
Fusion Cold & Flu Liquid also contains honeysuckle and forsythia, which have been used together in TCM to aid the body’s natural detoxification processes.
Honeysuckle also has additional benefits for the relief of inflammation in TCM.
Fusion Cold & Flu Liquid is suitable for use in conjunction with Fusion Vitamin C 1000 Advanced, Fusion ActiViral or Fusion Cough Lung Tonic. If you’re experiencing recurrent colds and flu or slow recovery after illness, also consider Fusion Astra 8 Immune Tonic.
* Eccles, R. Lancet Infect Dis, 2005;5(11):718-25.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
Fusion Calcium AdvancedFusion Calcium Advanced
Features and benefits
- Highly bioavailable sources of organic calcium to help maintain bone mineralisation, density and strength and aid in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.
- May help decrease the risk of fractures in older adults and other people with osteoporosis.
- Includes vitamin D, which enhances the bioavailability of calcium and helps reduce calcium loss from bone.
- Suitable for osteoporosis sufferers and those with a family history of osteoporosis.
- Suitable for use by growing children and teenagers, pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, women over 40 years old (including those who are pre-, peri- and post-menopausal), and older people.
- May also be beneficial for those at increased risk of calcium deficiency and/or osteoporosis due to smoking, strenuous exercise, regular strenuous activity, being overweight, being confined to bed, or consuming a diet free of dairy products or containing excessive amounts of fat, protein, sugar, alcohol or caffeine.
- Contains calcium glycinate, which does not cause digestive difficulties or interfere with your ability to absorb iron and other minerals.
- May be taken alongside prescribed medicines known to deplete calcium levels (under the supervision of your healthcare professional).
How it works
Are you getting enough calcium and vitamin D? Research has shown that many Australians have inadequate levels of these two important nutrients, which are required throughout life in order to maximise the formation, mineral density and strength of your bones.
A large body of scientific evidence has shown that taking calcium and vitamin D may help to reduce osteoporosis risk as you get older (for example by minimising bone loss at the hips and spine), and in older people, may also decrease the risk of fractures.
Fusion® Calcium Advanced is a high potency supplement containing calcium glycinate and calcium citrate. These organic sources of calcium are more readily absorbed and utilised by the body than inorganic sources of calcium (such as calcium carbonate), without causing digestive difficulties or interfering with your ability to absorb iron and other minerals.
For example, studies have shown that calcium is absorbed up to 24% more effectively from calcium citrate supplements than it is from calcium carbonate supplements.
This formula also includes vitamin D, which aids calcium absorption, helps reduce the rate at which calcium is lost from bone and has additional benefits for musculoskeletal health. For example, in older people, improving vitamin D status has been shown to reduce the risk of fractures and falls.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.