$2.95 – $14.70 incl. GST
Psyllium is a form of fiber made from the husks of the Plantago ovata plant’s seeds. It sometimes goes by the name ispaghula.
Psyllium is a bulk-forming laxative.
This means it soaks up water in your gut and makes bowel movements much easier and can help promote regularity without increasing flatulence. It can be used as a one-off to ease constipation, or it can be added to your diet to help promote regularity and overall digestive health.
People with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and Crohn’s disease are all too familiar with bowel irregularity. The results of studies on psyllium’s effectiveness in treating these conditions are still mixed.
A healthy colony of good bacteria in the digestive system is essential for healthy immune function. Your body is better able to fight infection, reduce inflammation, and maintain healthy tissue and cells.
Besides keeping your bowel movements regular and managing a chronic condition, psyllium has the ability to soften your stool provided you drink enough water. This can come in handy with short-term ailments, such as constipation. Used in this way, it can prevent complications of constipation, such as hemorrhoids and anal fissures.
Preliminary research shows that psyllium may help with the painful symptoms associated with these conditions. Since there is no real scientific consensus, talk to your doctor to see if psyllium could help you.
Fusion Kidney TonicFusion Kidney Tonic
Features and benefits
- New improved formula, with goji berry, horny goat weed and rehmannia, traditionally used as kidney tonics and to regulate body fluids in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Goji berries are traditionally used as a kidney tonic that relieves fatigue and balances Yin and Yang in TCM
- Rehmannia is also traditionally used in TCM to strengthen kidney Jing (a form of life force energy), as a liver tonic, and as a blood tonic that relieves sleeplessness and irregular menstruation
- Horny goat weed is traditionally used in TCM as a kidney tonic to enhance a healthy libido, to strengthen bones, and to relieve mild joint aches and pains
- Also contains Cornelian cherry, Chinese yam, alisma and poria
How it works
Fusion Kidney Tonic is based on an ancient Chinese herbal formula called Six-Ingredient Rehmannia Pill that was originally developed around 900 years ago.
Fusion Kidney Tonic’s key ingredients include rehmannia, horny goat weed and goji berry, which are traditionally used to regulate body fluids, including relieving excessive urinary frequency in TCM.
Based on their traditional use, each of these herbs also has additional benefits for the Kidney organ-meridian system , which is regarded as the foundation of good health in TCM. Read on for more details.
Goji berries are a regarded as an important kidney tonic herb in Chinese medicine, where they’ve been used for around 2300 years* and are traditionally used to support the health of the kidneys and regulate the various forms of fluid in the body.
In TCM, a healthy Kidney organ-meridian system is traditionally believed to keep the opposing forces of Yin and Yang in balance. Goji berries are traditionally taken to nourish and replenish both Yin and Yang, and to balance these two opposing forces, helping to keep them in a state of harmony in the body.
They’re also traditionally used to relieve excessive sweating at night, which can occur when Kidney and Liver Yin are deficient in TCM.
Other traditional uses of goji berries in Chinese medicine are to strengthen and enrich Jing (a form of life-force energy that’s traditionally believed to be stored in the kidneys and to decline with age), and as a longevity tonic that supports vitality. Goji berries are also traditionally used in TCM as a kidney tonic to relieve fatigue, weariness and feelings of weakness.
From a scientific perspective, goji berries have antioxidant properties to help reduce free radical formation in the body.
In TCM, rehmannia is traditionally used to support kidney health in multiple ways, including nourishing and replenishing Kidney Yin.
When Kidney and Liver Yin are deficient, it’s traditionally taken in TCM to support healthy hearing and to cool the body and relieve excessive perspiration at night time.
Rehmannia is also traditionally used in TCM to strengthen and invigorate Jing, as a liver tonic and as a blood tonic that helps relieve sleeplessness and irregular menstruation.
Horny goat weed
In addition to its traditional uses supporting healthy kidney function and helping to regulate body fluids, horny goat weed strengthens Yang, and is a kidney tonic that’s traditionally taken to promote healthy libido in both men and women in TCM.
It’s also traditionally used in TCM to enhance bone strength and relieve mild joint aches and pains.
Fusion Kidney Tonic also contains Cornelian cherry, Chinese yam, alisma and poria.
*Reference: DerMarderosian, A. and J. A. Beutler (2014). The Review of Natural Products, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional.
Fusion Magnesium Advanced 120 CAPSUALSFusion Magnesium Advanced 120 CAPSUALS
Features and benefits
- Supports healthy muscle and nerve function
- Helps reduce the risk of muscle cramps, twitches and spasms associated with inadequate magnesium intake
- Supports cellular energy production
- Supports bone and cardiovascular health
- Supports blood sugar regulation in healthy people
- Combines four forms of magnesium, including Optichel MG (magnesium glycinate), which is absorbed more readily than some other forms of magnesium
How it works
Magnesium is required for a vast number of body functions. For example, it supports healthy muscle function, where it plays an important role in facilitating normal muscle relaxation and contraction.
Fusion Magnesium Advanced helps reduce muscle cramps, twitches, spasms and weakness when due to inadequate magnesium intake.
Taking Magnesium Advanced may also help to relieve hyperexcitability and sleeplessness when these issues are related to inadequate magnesium consumption.
Magnesium is also important for supporting cellular energy production, bone and cardiovascular health, and blood sugar regulation in healthy people.
Fusion Magnesium Advanced tablets combine four forms of organic magnesium including OptiChel magnesium glycinate, which may be absorbed more readily than some other forms of magnesium, such as magnesium oxide.
Magnesium glycinate is delivered intact to the intestines for easy absorption, and is gentle on the stomach.
Discover more about muscle recovery
Optimising absorption of Zinc & Magnesium
Energise your life
Strengthen your kidneys
Sore, tense or tired?
Triathlete Ryan Bourke discusses the benefits of Fusion Magnesium Advanced muscle recovery powder for his rigorous training regime.
Do you need more magnesium?
A Holistic Approach
Fusion Cold and FluFusion Cold and Flu
Features and benefits
Contains andrographis plus herbs used to help relieve cold and flu symptoms in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), including:
- Sore throat
- Nasal congestion and thick or runny discharge
- Sinus pain
- Mild fever
How it works
Andrographis has been shown to help reduce the severity and duration of cold and flu symptoms. In Fusion Cold & Flu, it’s supported by echinacea, plus herbs used to relieve symptoms of mild upper respiratory tract infections in TCM, including Japanese catnip and forsythia to soothe a sore throat and relieve mild fever, and magnolia and balloonflower to clear congested nasal passages.
The traditional Chinese perspective on colds and flu
In TCM, patterns of energetic imbalance called Wind-Cold and Wind-Heat are often associated with colds and flu. Wind-Cold patterns are characterised by chills, aversion to wind and cold, headaches, mild body aches and nasal mucosal congestion with clear discharges, while Wind-Heat patterns feature fever, thirst, sore throat and nasal congestion with thick, yellow discharge.
Magnolia, forsythia and Japanese catnip are traditionally used to address these imbalances to relieve the associated symptoms.
Also available as a herbal liquid.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
Fusion Glucosamine Premium RepairFusion Glucosamine Premium Repair
Features and benefits
- New improved formula
- Glucosamine Premium Repair contains clinically trialled* doses of glucosamine and chondroitin to help relieve mild osteoarthritis symptoms and improve the mobility of affected joints
- Glucosamine and chondroitin also provide building blocks for healthy joint cartilage formation
- Also contains ginger, traditionally used to relieve mild rheumatic aches and pains in Chinese medicine
- Contains GlucosaGreen®, which is produced from glucose and is more environmentally friendly than shellfish-derived glucosamine
- Also contains MSM (dimethyl sulfone) and piperine (from black pepper)
How it works
Glucosamine relieves mild osteoarthritis symptoms
Glucosamine is a sugar that’s naturally produced by the body. It’s involved in the production of compounds called glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), which are building blocks in the formation of connective tissue, including healthy joints and joint cartilage.
When taken as directed, glucosamine helps reduce the symptoms of mild osteoarthritis, including mild joint pain, and improves the mobility of affected joints.
Glucosamine also helps enhance joint health in mild osteoarthritis. For example, it has been shown to help slow down the progressive narrowing of the joint space that is characteristic of the condition*.
Environmentally friendly glucosamine
Fusion Glucosamine Premium Repair contains GlucosaGreen®, which is derived from glucose (from non-GMO corn) via a revolutionary, patented process of fermentation. GlucosaGreen® is more environmentally friendly than glucosamine derived from shellfish. Its production generates just 2 percent of the waste material of shellfish-derived glucosamine products, making it a clean, green option to rely on for your health.
Chondroitin supports healthy cartilage formation
Chondroitin is another compound that’s naturally present in the body. It supports joint and cartilage health and the formation of healthy joint cartilage. It attracts water and nutrients into the cartilage, helping to maintain its spongy characteristics, which in turn enable the joints to withstand shocks and heavy loads.
Like glucosamine, chondroitin helps relieve mild joint pain and enhance joint mobility in people with mild osteoarthritis.
Ginger: traditionally used to ease mild rheumatic pain
In Chinese medicine, ginger is traditionally used to relieve mild rheumatic aches and pains.
Ginger also has antioxidant properties to help decrease the formation of free radicals in the body and their damaging effects on the body’s cells.
Fusion Glucosamine Premium Repair also contains:
- MSM (dimethyl sulfone), a source of sulfur, which is an essential component of all living cells
- Black pepper, which is often combined with ginger in traditional Ayurvedic medicine, and which is a source of piperine
*Reference: Pavelka K, Gatterova J, et. Al. Arch Intern Med 2002;162:2113-23
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional.
Ceremonial Cacao Elixir 200gCeremonial Cacao Elixir 200g
Cacao Medium with West Ausralian Flower Essences to Surrender & Let Go
Brown Boronia, Dampiera & Hops
Fusion Memory 30 TABSFusion Memory 30 TABS
Features and benefits
- Contains a standardised extract of Brahmi at a dose that has been shown to improve concentration and some aspects of memory when taken daily for 12 weeks in clinical research plus Ginkgo and other herbs traditionally used to aid memory and cognitive function.
- Ideal for students and other people undergoing intense periods of prolonged mental activity and focus.
- Promotes healthy ageing and is also suitable for older people.
- Improves cognitive function and mental performance, with particular benefits for brain functions involving memory, learning and attention span (concentration).
- Reduces mental and physical fatigue and increases energy.
- Relieves mild anxiety and moodiness, and improves the ability to adapt to and resist stress.
- Also aids the management of mild dizziness and tinnitus of age-related and vascular origin.
How it works
Fusion® Memory contains the Ayurvedic herbs Brahmi (also known as Bacopa) and Gotu Kola, and the Chinese herbs Ginkgo, Schisandra and Siberian ginseng, which work together to improve mental performance and aspects of cognitive functioning that involve memory, learning, concentration and attention span.
In a double blind, placebo-controlled trial, taking 9000 mg of Brahmi per day (equivalent to 1½ Fusion® Memory tablets) for 12 weeks was shown to improve concentration and some aspects of memory and mental processing. These effects continued to improve after treatment was ceased.
Published scientific research demonstrates that Ginkgo enhances the circulation to the brain, which may in turn aid in the management of age-related vascular symptoms including impaired mental performance, memory problems and mild tinnitus.
Other herbs in Fusion® Memory include Gotu Kola, Siberian Ginseng and Schisandra, which have traditionally been used to promote healthy ageing and support the inherited form of Qi (life force or energy) called Jing (or Kidney Essence), which declines as we get older, sometimes resulting in fatigue, mood and memory problems and other symptoms that we commonly associate with ageing.
These herbs may help to reduce mental and physical fatigue, relieve mild anxiety and moodiness, improve stress resistance and adaptation, and increase energy.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.