$4.00 – $16.00 incl. GST
These Australian grown and produced Pitted Prunes are made from premium plums that are hot-air dried then lightly water steamed to soften. You can use Australian prunes as a sweet deliciously deep rich tasting snack. They have a fruity aroma and a luscious, sticky texture. A n awesome, tasty snack. Prunes are a great addition to Persian cooking, in sweet and savoury dishes and they can be lightly stewed and served warm with anything.
|Serving size: 50 g|
|Average QuantityPer Serving||Average QuantityPer 100 g|
|EnergyProtein||448 kJ2.1 g||895 kJ4.2 g|
|<1.0 g<1.0 g
|<1.0 g<1.0 g
|Sodium||6 mg||11 mg|
|Dietary fibre||3.15 g||6.3 g|
250gm, 500gm, 1kg
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Fusion Liver Tonic 30 TABLETS With milk thistle, traditionally used as a liver tonic in Western herbal medicineFusion Liver Tonic 30 TABLETS With milk thistle, traditionally used as a liver tonic in Western herbal medicine
Features and benefits
Fusion Liver Tonic contains milk thistle to support healthy liver function and maintain the liver’s natural detoxification processes.
Ingredients in this formula also:
- Nourish and strengthen the liver, based on traditional use of goji berry in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Relieve indigestion symptoms like nausea, bloating, excessive burping, loss of appetite and feelings of fullness, based on traditional use of citrus peel in TCM
- Aid in the digestion and breakdown of dietary fats, based on traditional use of milk thistle in Western herbal medicine
- Regulate the Qi (life force energy), and stimulate its flow when it’s stagnant or congested, based on traditional use of citrus peel and bupleurum in TCM
- Relieve irritability and premenstrual mood changes when liver Qi stagnation is present, based on traditional use of bupleurum in TCM
- Help reduce the formation of free radicals, which are a normal byproduct of the body’s natural detoxification processes
- Support healthy gallbladder function, based on traditional use of milk thistle in Western herbal medicine
- Help maintain the secretion and flow of bile, based on traditional use of citrus peel and bupleurum in TCM
How it works
Fusion Liver Tonic combines milk thistle with herbs traditionally used to support various aspects of healthy liver function in TCM, as detailed below.
Milk thistle supports healthy liver function
Milk thistle supports the health of the liver and its natural detoxification processes. Additionally, it has antioxidant properties to help reduce the formation of free radicals, which are naturally generated by the body’s detoxification mechanisms, as well as by other aspects of metabolism and via exposure to pollution.
Milk thistle has a long history of use in Western herbal medicine, where it’s traditionally regarded as a liver-protecting tonic and is taken to relieve indigestion symptoms, aid the digestion of fatty foods and support healthy gallbladder function (including the healthy secretion and flow of bile).
Qi and sluggish liver function in TCM
In TCM, the liver is traditionally believed to govern the smooth flow of Qi (life force energy) and blood around the body.
Bupleurum and citrus peel are traditionally used in TCM to regulate the flow of Qi and stimulate its movement if it becomes sluggish or stagnant (for example due to emotional overwhelm or a poor diet), and citrus peel is also traditionally used to support the liver’s natural detoxification processes.
When liver Qi is stagnant, bupleurum is traditionally taken to relieve the irritability and premenstrual mood changes that may arise.
Both herbs are also traditionally taken to support bile secretion and flow in TCM.
Citrus peel is additionally used to help relieve indigestion symptoms such as excessive burping, poor appetite and abdominal bloating, which are often attributed to sluggish flow of Qi and blood from the liver in TCM.
Heat in the liver in TCM
According to TCM philosophy, a stagnant liver generates heat in the body (sometimes accompanied by dampness), which can compromise its ability to perform its detoxification or purification functions. When this occurs, baical skullcap is traditionally taken to clear excess heat from the body (including damp-heat from the liver and heat from the gallbladder) and support the body’s natural detoxification processes.
Goji berries and schisandra
Schisandra is traditionally used to support liver health in TCM, and goji berries are traditionally taken to strengthen it. Like milk thistle, both herbs have antioxidant properties to help reduce the formation of free radicals in the body.
Fusion Cold and Flu LiquidFusion Cold and Flu Liquid
Features and benefits
In TCM, herbs in Fusion Cold & Flu Liquid are traditionally used to relieve symptoms such as:
- Mild upper respiratory mucous congestion (such as a blocked nose)
- Bronchial congestion and phlegm
- Mild bronchial coughs
- Sore throat (including laryngitis, pharyngitis and mild tonsillitis)
- Mild fever
How it works
Upper respiratory tract infections are very common – most adults catch a cold between two and five times a year, complete with symptoms like a sore throat, cough and upper respiratory tract congestion, which usually last around 7-10 days*.
Fusion Cold & Flu Liquid combines echinacea (which is traditionally used to relieve symptoms of common colds and flu in Western herbal medicine) with Japanese catnip, which is used similarly in TCM. Japanese catnip is also traditionally used in Chinese medicine for sore throat or mild fever
Platycodon is traditionally used to relieve both upper respiratory tract congestion (as may occur in a blocked nose) and bronchial mucous congestion in TCM, as well as to ease symptoms of sore throat, laryngitis, pharyngitis and mild tonsillitis. It’s traditionally regarded as having expectorant properties and in TCM is often combined with Chinese licorice to relieve mild bronchial coughs.
Fusion Cold & Flu Liquid also contains honeysuckle and forsythia, which have been used together in TCM to aid the body’s natural detoxification processes.
Honeysuckle also has additional benefits for the relief of inflammation in TCM.
Fusion Cold & Flu Liquid is suitable for use in conjunction with Fusion Vitamin C 1000 Advanced, Fusion ActiViral or Fusion Cough Lung Tonic. If you’re experiencing recurrent colds and flu or slow recovery after illness, also consider Fusion Astra 8 Immune Tonic.
* Eccles, R. Lancet Infect Dis, 2005;5(11):718-25.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
Fusion Memory 30 TABSFusion Memory 30 TABS
Features and benefits
- Contains a standardised extract of Brahmi at a dose that has been shown to improve concentration and some aspects of memory when taken daily for 12 weeks in clinical research plus Ginkgo and other herbs traditionally used to aid memory and cognitive function.
- Ideal for students and other people undergoing intense periods of prolonged mental activity and focus.
- Promotes healthy ageing and is also suitable for older people.
- Improves cognitive function and mental performance, with particular benefits for brain functions involving memory, learning and attention span (concentration).
- Reduces mental and physical fatigue and increases energy.
- Relieves mild anxiety and moodiness, and improves the ability to adapt to and resist stress.
- Also aids the management of mild dizziness and tinnitus of age-related and vascular origin.
How it works
Fusion® Memory contains the Ayurvedic herbs Brahmi (also known as Bacopa) and Gotu Kola, and the Chinese herbs Ginkgo, Schisandra and Siberian ginseng, which work together to improve mental performance and aspects of cognitive functioning that involve memory, learning, concentration and attention span.
In a double blind, placebo-controlled trial, taking 9000 mg of Brahmi per day (equivalent to 1½ Fusion® Memory tablets) for 12 weeks was shown to improve concentration and some aspects of memory and mental processing. These effects continued to improve after treatment was ceased.
Published scientific research demonstrates that Ginkgo enhances the circulation to the brain, which may in turn aid in the management of age-related vascular symptoms including impaired mental performance, memory problems and mild tinnitus.
Other herbs in Fusion® Memory include Gotu Kola, Siberian Ginseng and Schisandra, which have traditionally been used to promote healthy ageing and support the inherited form of Qi (life force or energy) called Jing (or Kidney Essence), which declines as we get older, sometimes resulting in fatigue, mood and memory problems and other symptoms that we commonly associate with ageing.
These herbs may help to reduce mental and physical fatigue, relieve mild anxiety and moodiness, improve stress resistance and adaptation, and increase energy.
Fusion Kids Astra 8 Immune SheildFusion Kids Astra 8 Immune Sheild
Features and benefits
- Immune support specially formulated for kids
- Delicious, naturally derived blackcurrant flavour
- Mixes easily in water or juice
- Sweetened with stevia, and contains no added sugar
- Suitable for children aged 2 years and over
- Based on Jade Windscreen Formula, which has been used for hundreds of years in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), where it’s traditionally taken to help reduce the frequency of common colds
- Includes astragalus to help stimulate a healthy immune response
- Plus zinc for additional immune support and to help reduce the frequency with which children catch common colds
- Also contains fresh elderberry juice, equivalent to 568.5mg per 2.5mL
How it works
WHY DOES MY CHILD KEEP CATCHING COLDS?
Since they haven’t been exposed to many cold viruses during their short lifespans (and therefore haven’t developed immunity to them), kids are more prone to catching common colds than adults are1.
This is a normal part of your child’s immune system development and occurs over a number of years as their immune system gains more exposure to different viruses and learns how to respond to them.
Your child’s exposure to viruses naturally increases when they attend daycare or kindy, where they’re more likely to encounter other children with colds.
As a result, children can normally catch up to 10 colds each year – more than double the number experienced by adults1.
ZINC REDUCES THE FREQUENCY OF CHILDREN’S COLDS
Fusion Kids’ Astra 8 Immune Shield contains zinc, which supports healthy immune system function and reduces the frequency of children’s common cold episodes.
Your child consumes zinc in their diet through foods like meat, poultry, eggs and seafood, and it’s also found in wholegrains, legumes, nuts and seeds (however may be more poorly absorbed from these sources)2.
In addition to supporting immune system function, taking zinc can help to support your child’s appetite if their dietary intake of it is inadequate.
JADE WINDSCREEN FORMULA
Fusion Kids’ Astra 8 Immune Shield is based on a herbal combination called Jade Windscreen Formula, which is traditionally taken to help reduce the frequency of common colds in TCM, where it’s considered particularly beneficial for people who suffer from them repeatedly, and is typically taken for several months at a time.
Jade Windscreen Formula contains the following herbs:
Astragalus helps stimulate healthy immune responses and support the immune system in fighting illness.
In Chinese medicine, astragalus is traditionally used to support defensive Qi (a specific form of life force energy that boosts resistance against infection) and to help reduce the frequency of common colds.
Astragalus is also traditionally taken to support vitality and relieve fatigue in TCM.
White atractylodes is traditionally believed to act synergistically with astragalus in Jade Windscreen Formula, reinforcing its actions. In Chinese medicine, it’s also traditionally used to nourish the Spleen, and is therefore taken to relieve loss of appetite.
Fang feng is also known as wind protector; its name is a reference to its traditional use in TCM for clearing wind-heat from the body, and it’s a key ingredient in the Jade Windscreen Formula.
Fusion Probiotic 8Fusion Probiotic 8
Features and benefits
- Specially formulated to provide optimal therapeutic benefit without needing refrigeration
- Combines eight strains of ‘friendly’ bacteria, including FloraFIT®, Boulardii and clinically-tested HOWARU® strains
- Promotes healthy bowel function, including helping to normalise the properties of the bowel movements and their transit time through the intestines
- Also helps relieve flatulence, bloating and digestive discomfort
- Can be taken before and during overseas travel to help reduce the risk of travellers’ diarrhoea and relieve its symptoms
- Helps maintain immune health, and may reduce susceptibility to upper respiratory tract infections
- Supports healthy vaginal and urinary microflora
- Dairy-free formula containing bacterial strains specially selected for their proven ability to remain viable when exposed to stomach acid, bile salts and digestive enzymes
- Suitable for use during and after antibiotic therapy
How it works
The balance of the ‘friendly’ bacteria (collectively referred to as the microflora) that inhabit the bowel, vagina and urinary tract is easily disrupted by factors such as antibiotic use, stress or colonisation by invading microorganisms, often resulting in gastrointestinal problems such as gas, bloating, abdominal discomfort and diarrhoea.
The diarrhoea and associated symptoms that many people experience while travelling overseas is an example of this phenomenon, signalling that you’ve been exposed to bacteria or other microorganisms that are not naturally present in your gastrointestinal tract and are consequently making you unwell.
Fusion® Probiotic 8™ contains a blend of eight probiotic strains that support the health of the gastrointestinal, vaginal and urinary microflora and help prevent colonisation by disease-causing organisms.
It may help to relieve digestive symptoms such as flatulence, bloating, abdominal discomfort and diarrhoea, and can be taken before and during travel to reduce the risk of traveller’s diarrhoea and help relieve its symptoms. It’s also suitable for use during and after antibiotic therapy.
Fusion® Probiotic 8™ improves the properties and characteristics of the faeces, and helps normalise the time they take to move through the gastrointestinal tract.
Taking Fusion® Probiotic 8™ also supports healthy immune function and may help to reduce the risk of upper respiratory tract infections.
Fusion® Probiotic 8™ is a dairy-free formula that’s been carefully formulated to ensure the bacteria it contains remain viable at room temperature – so you can take it travelling or carry it in your handbag without sacrificing health benefits for the sake of convenience.
Unlike some fridge-free probiotics, Fusion® Probiotic 8™ contains only clearly identified probiotic strains (including FloraFIT®, Boulardii and clinically-tested HOWARU® strains) with well-documented benefits for human health.
Fusion LibidoFusion Libido
Features and benefits
In Chinese medicine:
- Horny goat weed, morinda, curculigo and schisandra are traditionally used to enhance sexual vitality in both men and women
- Horny goat weed is traditionally used to unblock the flow of Qi (life force energy), and in circumstances where libido is low
- Along with tribulus, horny goat weed is also traditionally used to tonify the Kidney organ-meridian system (which is considered central to reproductive health in TCM) and to anchor Yang, which is associated with masculine qualities; deficiency of Yang may lead to fatigue and reduced sexual interest
- Morinda is traditionally taken to improve physical performance
- Schisandra is traditionally used to relieve fatigue and enhance resistance to physical and emotional stress
How it works
In TCM, the Kidney organ-meridian system is traditionally believed to play a vital role in sexual function, in part because it’s the source of the opposing forces of Yin and Yang.
In both men and women, Yang has active and energetic characteristics. It’s associated with masculine energy, fire, hardness, strength and upwards movement. In contrast, Yin is softer and cooler, associated with feminine energy, calmness, slowness and stillness.
What happens when Yang energy is too low?
From the perspective of TCM, deficiency of Yang (or a low ratio of Yang relative to Yin) in either men or women is often associated with fatigue and may lead to low libido and a lack of sexual desire.
In Chinese medicine, the herbs tribulus and horny goat weed are traditionally used to ‘anchor’ the Yang, which is the poetic traditional Chinese way of saying that they’re used to stop Yang from floating away and being unable to exert its strong, fiery and masculine influence.
Both tribulus and horny goat weed are also traditionally used in Chinese medicine to strengthen Jing, a form of life force energy that’s inherited from our parents at the time of conception in finite quantities. In TCM, Jing is believed to decline as we get older, and one of the symptoms that can be associated with that decline is a reduction in sexual interest.
Herbs traditionally used as aphrodisiacs in Chinese medicine
The herbs schisandra, morinda, curculigo and horny goat weed are traditionally regarded as having aphrodisiac properties in Chinese medicine, where they’re taken to enhance sexual vitality.
In particular, horny goat weed unblocks the flow of the life force energy called Qi, improves sex drive and desire, especially when libido is low, and along with the Yang-tonic herb morinda, improves physical performance (based on their traditional use in Chinese medicine).
Schisandra: traditionally used to help relieve fatigue and mild anxiety symptoms
In addition to its traditional use in Chinese medicine for enhancing sexual vitality, schisandra is traditionally used to help relieve fatigue and mild anxiety symptoms, and to help boost resistance to emotional and physical stress.