Herbs of Gold Evening Primrose Oil 1000 Rich source of GLA
$43.45 incl. GST
- Evening Primrose Oil 1000 is rich in omega-6 gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA).
- Evening Primrose Oil 1000 supports skin health by helping to maintain skin hydration and relieve skin dryness.
- Evening Primrose Oil 1000 has anti-inflammatory actions in the body.
- Evening Primrose Oil 1000 helps maintain general health and wellbeing.
Each capsule contains:
|Evening primrose oil||1g|
|equiv. gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA) 100mg|
|Contains natural vitamin E.|
|Does not contain added egg, milk, peanut, corn, tree nut or animal products,yeast, gluten, lactose, artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives.|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Fusion EnergyFusion Energy
Features and benefits
- A synergistic blend of energy-boosting herbs traditionally used to reduce fatigue, lethargy, exhaustion and feelings of debility and physical weakness.
- Helps relieve stress due to the pressures of work or study, and may also be beneficial during other stressful times, especially if stress is contributing to fatigue, mild anxiety and/or poor sleep.
- Improves mental and physical resistance to stress, and promotes healthy functioning of the immune system, libido, heart and brain (cognition) during times of stress and/or fatigue.
- Improves sleep quality and enhances recovery after rest.
- Professionally formulated according to the principles of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) to help generate healthy Qi (energy or life force) and strengthen Shen (the energy that keeps the mind and spirit strong).
- To ensure you’re getting the vitamins and minerals your body needs for the production of energy, we recommend taking Fusion® Energy Multi Advanced alongside Fusion® Energy formula.
How it works
In Chinese medicine, the word Qi (pronounced ‘chee’) describes the energy or life force that flows throughout your body, giving you the capacity to respond to your environment and the ability to move, think, breathe, digest food, and experience everything that life has to offer.
If your Qi becomes deficient, you may experience fatigue and lethargy, along with feeling that you lack the motivation and energy to get things done.
Fusion® Energy formula has been carefully developed according to the ancient principles of TCM to help generate healthy Qi and balance the opposing forces Yin and Yang that regulate its rhythmical ebb and flow throughout the day. It also strengthens Shen, the energy that gives power to the mind, spirit and will.
The four Ginsengs (Korean Ginseng, Siberian Ginseng, American Ginseng and Withania, also known as Indian Ginseng) and other herbs in this formula belong to a class of medicines known as adaptogens, which take their name from their ability to help the body and mind adapt to physical, mental and emotional stressors. In addition to improving resistance to stress, they increase energy and vitality, enhance cognitive (mental) function, promote recovery and recuperation during rest, and may help to relieve insomnia and mild anxiety.
Watch the FUSION® Health Energy video below.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
YouTube ID : (https://youtu.be/qjm8dlxqB5U)
Fusion Kidney TonicFusion Kidney Tonic
Features and benefits
- New improved formula, with goji berry, horny goat weed and rehmannia, traditionally used as kidney tonics and to regulate body fluids in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Goji berries are traditionally used as a kidney tonic that relieves fatigue and balances Yin and Yang in TCM
- Rehmannia is also traditionally used in TCM to strengthen kidney Jing (a form of life force energy), as a liver tonic, and as a blood tonic that relieves sleeplessness and irregular menstruation
- Horny goat weed is traditionally used in TCM as a kidney tonic to enhance a healthy libido, to strengthen bones, and to relieve mild joint aches and pains
- Also contains Cornelian cherry, Chinese yam, alisma and poria
How it works
Fusion Kidney Tonic is based on an ancient Chinese herbal formula called Six-Ingredient Rehmannia Pill that was originally developed around 900 years ago.
Fusion Kidney Tonic’s key ingredients include rehmannia, horny goat weed and goji berry, which are traditionally used to regulate body fluids, including relieving excessive urinary frequency in TCM.
Based on their traditional use, each of these herbs also has additional benefits for the Kidney organ-meridian system , which is regarded as the foundation of good health in TCM. Read on for more details.
Goji berries are a regarded as an important kidney tonic herb in Chinese medicine, where they’ve been used for around 2300 years* and are traditionally used to support the health of the kidneys and regulate the various forms of fluid in the body.
In TCM, a healthy Kidney organ-meridian system is traditionally believed to keep the opposing forces of Yin and Yang in balance. Goji berries are traditionally taken to nourish and replenish both Yin and Yang, and to balance these two opposing forces, helping to keep them in a state of harmony in the body.
They’re also traditionally used to relieve excessive sweating at night, which can occur when Kidney and Liver Yin are deficient in TCM.
Other traditional uses of goji berries in Chinese medicine are to strengthen and enrich Jing (a form of life-force energy that’s traditionally believed to be stored in the kidneys and to decline with age), and as a longevity tonic that supports vitality. Goji berries are also traditionally used in TCM as a kidney tonic to relieve fatigue, weariness and feelings of weakness.
From a scientific perspective, goji berries have antioxidant properties to help reduce free radical formation in the body.
In TCM, rehmannia is traditionally used to support kidney health in multiple ways, including nourishing and replenishing Kidney Yin.
When Kidney and Liver Yin are deficient, it’s traditionally taken in TCM to support healthy hearing and to cool the body and relieve excessive perspiration at night time.
Rehmannia is also traditionally used in TCM to strengthen and invigorate Jing, as a liver tonic and as a blood tonic that helps relieve sleeplessness and irregular menstruation.
Horny goat weed
In addition to its traditional uses supporting healthy kidney function and helping to regulate body fluids, horny goat weed strengthens Yang, and is a kidney tonic that’s traditionally taken to promote healthy libido in both men and women in TCM.
It’s also traditionally used in TCM to enhance bone strength and relieve mild joint aches and pains.
Fusion Kidney Tonic also contains Cornelian cherry, Chinese yam, alisma and poria.
*Reference: DerMarderosian, A. and J. A. Beutler (2014). The Review of Natural Products, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional.
Fusion Cold and FluFusion Cold and Flu
Features and benefits
Contains andrographis plus herbs used to help relieve cold and flu symptoms in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), including:
- Sore throat
- Nasal congestion and thick or runny discharge
- Sinus pain
- Mild fever
How it works
Andrographis has been shown to help reduce the severity and duration of cold and flu symptoms. In Fusion Cold & Flu, it’s supported by echinacea, plus herbs used to relieve symptoms of mild upper respiratory tract infections in TCM, including Japanese catnip and forsythia to soothe a sore throat and relieve mild fever, and magnolia and balloonflower to clear congested nasal passages.
The traditional Chinese perspective on colds and flu
In TCM, patterns of energetic imbalance called Wind-Cold and Wind-Heat are often associated with colds and flu. Wind-Cold patterns are characterised by chills, aversion to wind and cold, headaches, mild body aches and nasal mucosal congestion with clear discharges, while Wind-Heat patterns feature fever, thirst, sore throat and nasal congestion with thick, yellow discharge.
Magnolia, forsythia and Japanese catnip are traditionally used to address these imbalances to relieve the associated symptoms.
Also available as a herbal liquid.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
Fusion LibidoFusion Libido
Features and benefits
In Chinese medicine:
- Horny goat weed, morinda, curculigo and schisandra are traditionally used to enhance sexual vitality in both men and women
- Horny goat weed is traditionally used to unblock the flow of Qi (life force energy), and in circumstances where libido is low
- Along with tribulus, horny goat weed is also traditionally used to tonify the Kidney organ-meridian system (which is considered central to reproductive health in TCM) and to anchor Yang, which is associated with masculine qualities; deficiency of Yang may lead to fatigue and reduced sexual interest
- Morinda is traditionally taken to improve physical performance
- Schisandra is traditionally used to relieve fatigue and enhance resistance to physical and emotional stress
How it works
In TCM, the Kidney organ-meridian system is traditionally believed to play a vital role in sexual function, in part because it’s the source of the opposing forces of Yin and Yang.
In both men and women, Yang has active and energetic characteristics. It’s associated with masculine energy, fire, hardness, strength and upwards movement. In contrast, Yin is softer and cooler, associated with feminine energy, calmness, slowness and stillness.
What happens when Yang energy is too low?
From the perspective of TCM, deficiency of Yang (or a low ratio of Yang relative to Yin) in either men or women is often associated with fatigue and may lead to low libido and a lack of sexual desire.
In Chinese medicine, the herbs tribulus and horny goat weed are traditionally used to ‘anchor’ the Yang, which is the poetic traditional Chinese way of saying that they’re used to stop Yang from floating away and being unable to exert its strong, fiery and masculine influence.
Both tribulus and horny goat weed are also traditionally used in Chinese medicine to strengthen Jing, a form of life force energy that’s inherited from our parents at the time of conception in finite quantities. In TCM, Jing is believed to decline as we get older, and one of the symptoms that can be associated with that decline is a reduction in sexual interest.
Herbs traditionally used as aphrodisiacs in Chinese medicine
The herbs schisandra, morinda, curculigo and horny goat weed are traditionally regarded as having aphrodisiac properties in Chinese medicine, where they’re taken to enhance sexual vitality.
In particular, horny goat weed unblocks the flow of the life force energy called Qi, improves sex drive and desire, especially when libido is low, and along with the Yang-tonic herb morinda, improves physical performance (based on their traditional use in Chinese medicine).
Schisandra: traditionally used to help relieve fatigue and mild anxiety symptoms
In addition to its traditional use in Chinese medicine for enhancing sexual vitality, schisandra is traditionally used to help relieve fatigue and mild anxiety symptoms, and to help boost resistance to emotional and physical stress.
Fusion Liver Tonic 30 TABLETS With milk thistle, traditionally used as a liver tonic in Western herbal medicineFusion Liver Tonic 30 TABLETS With milk thistle, traditionally used as a liver tonic in Western herbal medicine
Features and benefits
Fusion Liver Tonic contains milk thistle to support healthy liver function and maintain the liver’s natural detoxification processes.
Ingredients in this formula also:
- Nourish and strengthen the liver, based on traditional use of goji berry in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Relieve indigestion symptoms like nausea, bloating, excessive burping, loss of appetite and feelings of fullness, based on traditional use of citrus peel in TCM
- Aid in the digestion and breakdown of dietary fats, based on traditional use of milk thistle in Western herbal medicine
- Regulate the Qi (life force energy), and stimulate its flow when it’s stagnant or congested, based on traditional use of citrus peel and bupleurum in TCM
- Relieve irritability and premenstrual mood changes when liver Qi stagnation is present, based on traditional use of bupleurum in TCM
- Help reduce the formation of free radicals, which are a normal byproduct of the body’s natural detoxification processes
- Support healthy gallbladder function, based on traditional use of milk thistle in Western herbal medicine
- Help maintain the secretion and flow of bile, based on traditional use of citrus peel and bupleurum in TCM
How it works
Fusion Liver Tonic combines milk thistle with herbs traditionally used to support various aspects of healthy liver function in TCM, as detailed below.
Milk thistle supports healthy liver function
Milk thistle supports the health of the liver and its natural detoxification processes. Additionally, it has antioxidant properties to help reduce the formation of free radicals, which are naturally generated by the body’s detoxification mechanisms, as well as by other aspects of metabolism and via exposure to pollution.
Milk thistle has a long history of use in Western herbal medicine, where it’s traditionally regarded as a liver-protecting tonic and is taken to relieve indigestion symptoms, aid the digestion of fatty foods and support healthy gallbladder function (including the healthy secretion and flow of bile).
Qi and sluggish liver function in TCM
In TCM, the liver is traditionally believed to govern the smooth flow of Qi (life force energy) and blood around the body.
Bupleurum and citrus peel are traditionally used in TCM to regulate the flow of Qi and stimulate its movement if it becomes sluggish or stagnant (for example due to emotional overwhelm or a poor diet), and citrus peel is also traditionally used to support the liver’s natural detoxification processes.
When liver Qi is stagnant, bupleurum is traditionally taken to relieve the irritability and premenstrual mood changes that may arise.
Both herbs are also traditionally taken to support bile secretion and flow in TCM.
Citrus peel is additionally used to help relieve indigestion symptoms such as excessive burping, poor appetite and abdominal bloating, which are often attributed to sluggish flow of Qi and blood from the liver in TCM.
Heat in the liver in TCM
According to TCM philosophy, a stagnant liver generates heat in the body (sometimes accompanied by dampness), which can compromise its ability to perform its detoxification or purification functions. When this occurs, baical skullcap is traditionally taken to clear excess heat from the body (including damp-heat from the liver and heat from the gallbladder) and support the body’s natural detoxification processes.
Goji berries and schisandra
Schisandra is traditionally used to support liver health in TCM, and goji berries are traditionally taken to strengthen it. Like milk thistle, both herbs have antioxidant properties to help reduce the formation of free radicals in the body.
Fusion Glucosamine Premium RepairFusion Glucosamine Premium Repair
Features and benefits
- New improved formula
- Glucosamine Premium Repair contains clinically trialled* doses of glucosamine and chondroitin to help relieve mild osteoarthritis symptoms and improve the mobility of affected joints
- Glucosamine and chondroitin also provide building blocks for healthy joint cartilage formation
- Also contains ginger, traditionally used to relieve mild rheumatic aches and pains in Chinese medicine
- Contains GlucosaGreen®, which is produced from glucose and is more environmentally friendly than shellfish-derived glucosamine
- Also contains MSM (dimethyl sulfone) and piperine (from black pepper)
How it works
Glucosamine relieves mild osteoarthritis symptoms
Glucosamine is a sugar that’s naturally produced by the body. It’s involved in the production of compounds called glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), which are building blocks in the formation of connective tissue, including healthy joints and joint cartilage.
When taken as directed, glucosamine helps reduce the symptoms of mild osteoarthritis, including mild joint pain, and improves the mobility of affected joints.
Glucosamine also helps enhance joint health in mild osteoarthritis. For example, it has been shown to help slow down the progressive narrowing of the joint space that is characteristic of the condition*.
Environmentally friendly glucosamine
Fusion Glucosamine Premium Repair contains GlucosaGreen®, which is derived from glucose (from non-GMO corn) via a revolutionary, patented process of fermentation. GlucosaGreen® is more environmentally friendly than glucosamine derived from shellfish. Its production generates just 2 percent of the waste material of shellfish-derived glucosamine products, making it a clean, green option to rely on for your health.
Chondroitin supports healthy cartilage formation
Chondroitin is another compound that’s naturally present in the body. It supports joint and cartilage health and the formation of healthy joint cartilage. It attracts water and nutrients into the cartilage, helping to maintain its spongy characteristics, which in turn enable the joints to withstand shocks and heavy loads.
Like glucosamine, chondroitin helps relieve mild joint pain and enhance joint mobility in people with mild osteoarthritis.
Ginger: traditionally used to ease mild rheumatic pain
In Chinese medicine, ginger is traditionally used to relieve mild rheumatic aches and pains.
Ginger also has antioxidant properties to help decrease the formation of free radicals in the body and their damaging effects on the body’s cells.
Fusion Glucosamine Premium Repair also contains:
- MSM (dimethyl sulfone), a source of sulfur, which is an essential component of all living cells
- Black pepper, which is often combined with ginger in traditional Ayurvedic medicine, and which is a source of piperine
*Reference: Pavelka K, Gatterova J, et. Al. Arch Intern Med 2002;162:2113-23
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional.